Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dear terrorists,

Dear terrorists,


We tried so hard


To tell Mr. Raj –


Mumbai belongs to India,


And so does Taj


He didn’t listen


And he didn’t care


Someone had to tell


But who would dare?


And there were you -


A dedicated crew.


Then Indians fought for India, as we say


Or non-mumbaikars for Mumbai, as He would say


Now shall he dare


Even a glance or stare


He shall fall flat on his face.


It’s all your grace!



We first saw the ATS


And accusations next


People hard on terror


At hypocritical best


A bandh round the corner


And investigations at stake


You came in Kuber


When all were awake


They came later and made a loud roar


They must be Kuber with a pack of crore


Finest officers lost – we saw the graphic scene


But what followed later – was purely obscene


Exposing this face, all the years spent


You did it in a flash with plain simple bullet



Guarding the home, a spineless minister


Casual behavior and formal attire


Blasts after blasts, he stuck to his task


Morality, resignation was too much to ask


Then a sudden transition, thanks to your youth


Had you not been there, it wouldn’t have been so smooth



And the targets you chose - what a marvel!


I mean - a marvelous choice, not the white marble


Nobody cares when the lifelines bleed


Icons have to suffer before the elite heed


It took us years to reinforce our claim


You took three days – to say the same



Yes, I am angry; but that will be over


I shall be in my senses, it won’t take longer


The heritage I treasure, is not what you burnt


It lies in forgiving, which you hadn’t learnt


A day shall come, when I will forgive you


But not a single day, when I will forget you


And then every day, when I’ll remember you,

With a Buddha like smile, I'll say a plain “thank you!”

14 comments:

  1. u have summed up the current situation in India ... very well written ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best of all your posts so far, so easy to understand and ponder on....and moreover, represents the thoughts of so many like us who have similar thoughts about this unfortunate situation but, who cannot put it into words..I would say: you are very lucky to have this talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well elucidated!it echoes my sentiments...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent poem! Dunno what else to say, u have brought out the sentiments of every Indian today. Although I doubt if the Indian authorities would at least now wake up!
    I get the obvious satire in the poem but still, "Dear" terrorists ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful dude! ... you do it so well ... reminds me of your post about Taare Zameen Par!

    coming back to this post - liked the last stanza a lot!! Yes, I am angry ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Shreyas, Meghana, Snehal, Jagga, Shraddha, Shubhra, Ritu, Anusha, Raj, Sangram, Sarang, and others who responded off-blog

    Thanks for comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good talented reaction on the stuation.Marathi anuwad kar or navin lihi.
    sanjeev sane.

    ReplyDelete